Renewals and Service Team Leader
Location: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
Salary: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & UNLIMITED BONUS
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of Leisure Insurance Products including Park Home Insurance, Caravan Insurance, Static Caravan Insurance, Leisure/Holiday Home Insurance, motor insurance and now marine insurance as well as providing the only Insurance Backed Structural Warranty for Park & Leisure Homes and is based in modern offices.
The position is a managerial role within the company and as such the role requires the job holder to demonstrate flexibility in their approach ensuring that the Renewals and Customer Service team meet and exceed targets.
The role requires supervision of one of the two teams and is responsible for the overall performance of those teams. The team leader is responsible for leading a group of staff members.
The role is responsible to ensure that;
• All Renewal opportunities are maximised and every effort is made to secure the very best income opportunity on behalf of the company, whilst adhering to our company values and TCF guidelines.
• All customer contacts are dealt with efficiently and that every contact with PHA is a positive outcome for the customer, even if the outcome is not what they expected or hoped for, whilst adhering to our company values and TCF guidelines.
This is a role which will be measured as a team performance, with success for the individual coming from his/her own team performance.
The Renewals and Customer Service team leader will report directly into the Renewals and Service Controller
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the Renewals and Customer Service teams to success.
As part of the management team this will also require participation in new projects, innovations and process reviews to support an environment of continuous improvement, helping Assist Insurance Services to achieve its company objectives.
• Day to day responsible for product and performance mgmt.
• Lead from within the team and assist the team in dealing with customers when required;
• Ensure that all daily tasks are distributed to and actioned by the team;
• Ensure that every effort is made to maximise productivity within the team, whilst maintaining a happy motivated team;
• Manage & distribute renewals leads and chasers and ensure that all leads are maximised;
• Ensure that every effort is made to convert renewals into sales as well as maximising the income opportunity such as careful use of discounting and maximising cross-sell opportunities, and penetration of add-on sales and instalment penetration;
• Suggest and assist in setting renewals strategy
• Ensure that the service team support their colleagues in new business sales and renewals by actioning tasks such as taking payment, creating efficiency in the business and a positive experience for the customer
• Suggest and assist in setting customer service strategy
• Liaise with the Renewals and Service controller to set monthly objectives/targets
• Where necessary create detailed action plans to ensure targets are achieved on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Support and motivate staff members to achieve individual and team targets
• Supervise daily work of sales staff
• Maximise staff productivity by focusing staff and endorsing good behaviour
• Conduct monthly 1-2-1’s with all team members
• Ensure quality is maximised and errors minimised and address all errors and quality matters within the team
• Coach and train staff when needed
• Work closely with other job functions in the company to improve overall service level
• “Walk the floor” create energy and buzz
• Hold morning buzz sessions
• Ensure team maintains regulatory compliance
• Ensure management information is used to enhance the effectiveness of the team
• Be aware of market developments in the market and report accordingly
• Feedback to senior management on quality and team progress on an individual and team basis
• Mentoring and coaching team members especially new team members
• Motivation – in conjunction with Renewals and Service Manager create incentives/competition
• Lead the Quality review process for the team
• Be the first point of referral for product and systems issues.
• Ensure that staff on Probation are monitored continuously
• Carry out mid-year and Year End appraisals
• Ensuring that all EODs are documented and investigated for both staff or process improvements.
• You will have had at least 2 years experience of working in a Sales/Renewals environment
• Ideally you will have experience of Household and Motor Insurance;
• You will ideally (but not essentially) have a good working knowledge of OpenGI system;
• You will have successfully worked within a target orientated environment;
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: