Mail Room Assistant
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and focussed Mail Room Assistant to join our Customer Service team. This role, which would suit a school leaver, is based working primarily in our mail room, printing, sorting and packing batches of outgoing letters and post. The documentation sent to our clients must consistently be of the highest quality and so you will need to have a good attention to detail and be very thorough in your approach to tasks. When not printing and packing, you will assist the customer services team with various administrative tasks as well as support the Customer Service Manager with paper and document stock controls, printer management and sorting and distributing of incoming post.
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of leisure insurance products for park homes, caravans, boats, holiday homes and lodges, and being voted by the insurance industry last year at the British Insurance Awards for ‘Personal Lines Broker of the Year’ and ‘Customer Care Award’ our clients know that they will receive exceptional service and the confidence they are in safe hands.
About the role
- Printing batched print runs
- Sorting and envelope packing
- Preparing letters for distribution and collection by Royal Mail
- Maintaining up to date records of printing
- Sorting and distribution of incoming mail
- Stock management of printer supplies and paper
- Stock management of Assist Insurance documents and inserts
- Oversight of Mail Room printers and liaison with printer engineers when required.
- Administrative customer service processing tasks as required.
This role does not require any previous experience; however, you must be able to demonstrate diligence, attention to detail and excellent literacy skills. You will be able to maintain calm under pressure and will enjoy working to deadlines. You will be an excellent communicator that will enjoy working within a team environment but will also demonstrate good initiative when working on your own.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible and proactive approach
- The ability of working within a customer focussed team.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills.
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty, and quality of work.
- Smart appearance
- Starting salary of £16,000
- Up to 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays) Plus, your birthday off too!
- Career and professional development.
- 37.5 hours per week across Monday – Saturday
- Monday to Friday: 9.00am-5.30pm (with one day finish at 1.30pm)
- Saturday: 9.00am – 1.00pm
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: